Sales & Event Planning Executive
LOCATION: Cunard Building
REPORTING TO: Venue Operations Manager
The British Music Experience requires an Event Sales and Planning professional to develop a sales activity plan to promote the BME as one of Liverpool’s venues of choice for a wide range of bespoke events.
To work with the BME Curator and Marketing Manager to develop and deliver in-house events in promotion of the BME objectives.
This position, in conjunction with the Duty Management team will be responsible for the co-coordination of the event planning process to ensure clients are managed to the highest possible standards.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• To work with the Venue Operations Manager and Marketing Manager to develop and deliver results focused event sales and marketing campaigns These will include tele sales, sales calls, mail shots, exhibitions, proposal writing and hosted site visits that will generate event bookings to achieve company targets.
• To develop the event portfolio sell including producing event information collateral and setting up event packages to market.
• To represent BME at client events and trade shows.
• To generate new social event business through the proactive selling of BME in house events to the local market.
Event Concept and Planning:
• To develop an events strategy for the use of the attraction outside of opening hours, in conjunction with the Venue Operations Manager and Marketing Manager.
• To manage the events diary ensuring that there are no clashes and that events can sit comfortably with the running of the BME galleries.
• To produce event schedules and work with the Visitor Experience manager to determine opening hours, staffing levels and crew roles.
• To work with internal departments on the logistics of event delivery safeguarding the galleries and artefacts.
• To work with clients, the BME technical department and catering partners on the effective delivery of all client events
• Business development to create new sales opportunities, including both leisure and corporate events operating outside opening hours.
• To ensure BME’s Health & Safety Procedure’s are adhered to.
• To work in line with CDM regulations.
• To be trained as a Duty Manager and to work within the experience as and when required.
• To produce contracts for events in line with internal financial sop’s
• Contribute effectively to weekly team meeting
• Provide appropriate information, sales data and trend analysis and prepare reports as requested by the Marketing Manager, Venue Operations Manager and Directorate team.
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
• A 3rd level qualification in Events, Tourism, or Business related discipline
• Minimum three years’ experience in an events role within the tourism or music industry
• Proven experience of planning and delivery of successful results orientated sales campaigns
• Experience of achieving sales targets and meeting KPIs.
• Proven local knowledge of city-wide events for tie-in opportunities
• Client relationship management experience
• Experience of working with external agencies.
• Great people management, negotiation and communication skills
• Experience in managing budgets
• Experience in sales analysis and report writing.
• Ability to work as part of a busy team and across teams
• Confident, self-starter and ability to work on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to work under pressure.
• Great people skills
• An effective team player
• Ability to work to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
• Excellent and persuasive communicator
• Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
• Ability to work to budgets
You must be available to work outside normal hours, hold a valid passport and be able to travel as it is an essential part of this role. The successful candidate should hold a valid driving licence and have access to a car.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on Monday 24th April 2017.
Applications will only be accepted via company application forms. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered. If you wish to apply for the position, please contact us via email@example.com and we will send an application pack out to you, the last date for requesting application packs is Friday 21st April 2017 at 3pm.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage the following date will apply:
• Group Assessment – Thursday 4th May 2017
• Individual Interview - Tuesday 9th May 2017
British Music Experience is an Equal Opportunities Employer