Trace historic, era defining moments and trends through 60 years of music history, learn about British music’s influence on art, fashion and politics and see the changes in Britain’s musical landscape take place before your very eyes.
Each Edge Zone takes you back to the music’s biggest and most important events as and when they happened.
• Atlantic Crossing • Rock 'n' Roll Showcase • Skiffle Showcase • Trad Jazz Showcase
our 1945-1962 Playlist
• Atlantic Crossing • Beatlemania Showcase • Girl Crazy Showcase • R&B Showcase
our 1962-1966 Playlist
• Cultural Revolution Showcase • Rock Mix Showcase Roll Showcase • The Rolling Stones
our 1966-1970 Playlist
•David Bowie Showcase • Glam Rock Showcase • Rock Spectacle
our 1970-1976 Playlist
• Punk Showcase • Reggae and Ska Showcase • New Romantics Showcase
our 1976-1985 Playlist
• Hard Rock Showcase • Madchester Showcase
our 1985-1993 Playlist
• Anatomy of a Popstar • BRIT Awards Showcase • Britpop Showcase • Girl and Boy Bands Showcase • Here Come The Girls Showcase
our 1993-present Playlist
Discover the joy and wonders of your Smarticket.
The more you 'beep' the more you keep!
Click here to buy tickets for the British Music Experience.
Mon to Sun from 11am to 7.30pm
(Last entry is at 6.30pm)
Saturday 1 June last entry at 2pm, galleries clear by 3pm
Thursday 6 June last entry at 4pm, galleries clear by 5pm
Tuesday 11 June last entry at 5pm, galleries clear by 6pm
Wednesday 19 June closed all day
Apologies for any inconvenience. We're open everyday except 24, 25, 26, 31 Dec and 1 Jan.
Support Britain’s Museum of Popular music.
Donate securely now via The Big Give.
Sign up to receive our newsletter for information on upcoming exhibitions, events, gigs and competitions.