Explore the British Music Experience’s collections and archives, share memories and meet new people in this informal discussion group.
Share your memories at our free Reminiscence Sessions. We’ll provide photographs and items to inspire your recollections of a particular aspect of life related to Liverpool and music. Come along and meet new friends, share memories and enjoy a chat over tea or coffee.
Reminiscence Sessions are suitable for visitors aged 55+.
UPCOMING DATES AND THEMES
Reminiscence sessions take place on the second wednesday of each month with the exception of October which is the third wednesday.
All sessions start at 11.00am and last for an hour.
- Wednesday 9th May: Dance Hall Days. Remembering Liverpool’s famous dance halls.
- Wednesday 13th June: Making Waves: Mersey music in the 1950’s. Looking at the influence of Rock and Roll in Liverpool in the 1950’s.
- Wednesday 11th July: Movers, Shakers and Music Scene Makers. Remembering the individuals and groups that made up the Merseybeat Scene in Liverpool.
- Wednesday 8th August: Culture Clubs and Packed Pubs. Exploring the stories and development of Liverpool’s music and culture by sharing memories from the famous Liverpool clubs and pubs that helped to define the decades.
- Wednesday 12th September: River City People. From Sea shanties to Ferry across the Mersey exploring the influence of the river/sea and the shipyards in inspiring song writing and events.
- Wednesday 17th October: Rollin on a River. Northern Soul and Motown on the Mersey. Through exploring the history of the “Mardi” club on Mount Pleasant this session looks at the popularity of Motown and Soul with Liverpool people.
Wednesday 14th Nov: Culture Clubs and Packed Pubs. Exploring the stories and development of Liverpool’s music and culture from the famous Liverpool clubs and pubs that helped to define the decades.
Wednesday 12th Dec: River City People. From Sea shanties to Ferry across the Mersey exploring the influence of the river/sea and the shipyards in inspiring song writing and events
No need to book just turn up and tell reception you are here for reminiscence sessions and they will direct you to the Discovery Zone. If you have any access requirements please ring 0151 519 0915 and ask to speak to Anna Richards (Learning and Public Programme Officer).