The British Music Experience tells the story of British Music through costumes, instruments, performance and memorabilia. Whatever age you are, and whatever you are into, there is something here for you.
We’ve got outfits worn by artists from David Bowie and Dusty Springfield, to the Spice Girls, Adam Ant and X Factor finalists and musical instruments played by some of the world’s most renowned artists from Noel Gallagher to the Sex Pistols. We even have the original statues from the Brits, and memorabilia from the Beatles through to Adele.
You can also get involved. You can learn a musical instrument, from drum kits to keyboards, record in a vocal booth or practice your dance routines in our dance the decades experience.
Our collection features more than 600 artifacts covering a period from 1945 right up until the present day.
|Ticket Type||Tariff||Tariff with Gift Aid donation|
|Child* (15 and under)||£11.00||£12.10|
Children under 5 go FREE.
Your ticket includes admission to our exhibition area, the Gibson Interactive Studio and an audio guide.
Liverpool residents with an 'L' postcode can apply for our Resident Pass. For the price of your admission, the pass allows locals to visit as many times as they like for twelve months. Click here for more information.
We open at 9am daily in the Summer, and 10am, Wednesday to Sunday in the Winter.
Last admission is 90 minutes before closing. Our Café closes 30mins before the Exhibition closes.
Closing time is 6pm Summer. Closing in the Winter is 5pm.
Occasionally we may close to host special events. Please check our website regarding upcoming events and opening times.
Advance bokking will guarantee entry at your desired time and we will also provide free audio-guide.
You may book online or by phone up to half an hour before your desired entry time. We operate to time-slots every 15 minutes. Please arrive promptly for your time-slot.
Book online or by phone on 0344 335 0655
The British Music Experience is a permanent national attraction. We are delighted to be based in Liverpool, a UNESCO City of Music.
Our audio-guide lasts 60 minutes and the exhibition features many interactive areas in which visitors are encouraged to participate. There is also the Gibson Interactive Studio which gives visitors the chance to play a range of professional musical instruments.
We therefore recommend you allow at least 90 minutes for your visit.
Last entry is 90 minutes before closing.
- Yes, our Merch Store is open daily and offers an exclusive range of gifts, clothing, books and memorabilia. Check out our a fantastic range of your favourite band t-shirts.
- Yes, the Star Café sells a range of drinks, cakes, hot and cold snacks and sandwiches, catering to all tastes and including vegan and gluten free options.
The Star Café proudly serves Illy Coffee.
To book a group of 15 or more, please contact us on our Group Hotline on tel: 0344 335 0656.
Groups of 15 or more who book in advance will receive our concessionary rate of £14.50 per person.
Yes, one Carer receives free admission per person, upon production of a valid I.D.
- Yes, the Cunard Building has a wheelchair accessible lift and the building interior is fully accessible. Please refer to our accessibility page for more information - click here.
Our audio Guides are available in 8 different verbal languages, plus English Sign Language.
Our languages are:
- Português Brasileiro
- 中文 (Mandarin Chinese)
- The British Music Experience does not have designated parking, but there are limited pay and display parking bays alongside the Cunard Building on both Water Street and Brunswick Street. There are also several multi-storey car parks within walking distance.
- The British Music Experience has a drop-off bay for coaches outside the entrance. The closest on-street coach parking area is on Bath Street, a 2-minute drive from the BME. There is also a dedicated coach park at Kings Dock.
- For full details of coach parking in Liverpool, please visit the Liverpool Travel Trade website.
Unfortunately, we do not currently accept Euros, but there are cash machines a short walk from the British Music Experience.
- All major debit/credit cards are accepted – Visa / Maestro / MasterCard. We do not accept American Express or Discovery cards.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded except at the discretion of the British Music Experience.
- Photography is allowed in the Experience, but we ask for no flash photography, as this can be damaging to the artefacts.
- We also ask for no filming inside the Experience.